BUD Special Fund-Mainland Project
BUD special fund for brand development, upgrading and transformation, and expansion of the domestic market
BUD Special Fund Mainland Plan
- The two million caps for the mainland plan and the free trade agreement plan will be cancelled.
- Each company can plan in the mainland Up to 4 million yuan will be funded.
- Increase the cumulative funding limit for each company: from 1 million yuan Increase to 2 million yuan
- Increase the initial funding from 25% to a maximum of 75%
- Relax the upper limit of the number of funded projects: increase from 10 to 20
BUD submit application documents
1. The software file of the application form (MS word format, Chinese or English version)
2. One original copy of the application form signed by the authorized person of the applicant company and stamped by the company
3. Other supporting documents:
－ A copy of the business registration certificate of the applying enterprise
－ A copy of the supporting documents of the major shareholders of the applying company (eg: Annual Return Form AR1 issued by the Companies Registry)
－ A copy of the documents proving that the applicant company has substantive business operations in Hong Kong
－ A copy of the document certifying that the applicant enterprise has a direct investment relationship with the mainland business unit
All non-listed companies that are registered in Hong Kong in accordance with the Business Registration Ordinance (Chapter 310) and have substantial business operations in Hong Kong
Maximum funding amount for each project
HK$1 million is positive. The subsidy is provided on the principle of reciprocity, that is, the government subsidizes up to 50% of the total approved expenditure of an individual project, and the enterprise must bear no less than 50% of the total approved expenditure of the project in the form of cash.
The maximum number of projects that each enterprise can be funded
There are a maximum of 20 projects, and the maximum cumulative funding amount for the two projects is HK$4 million.
BUD funding method (applicant companies can choose  or  method)
Method 1-Set up the initial funding:
- Enterprises need to open a separate project account to handle project income and expenses.
- The project can only start after approval and signing of the funding agreement.
Method 2-No initial funding:
- Enterprises do not need to open a bank account dedicated to the project.
The project can start the day after submitting the application form and sending it to the secretariat (but the application must be approved to receive funding).
BUD project time
Each funded project must be completed in no more than 24 months.
BUD unfunded expenses
The following 6 unfunded expenditure categories
1. Branches/sales points/display points/business units-related to the lease, decoration, water, electricity and coal expenses of the branches/sales points/display points/business units*
*Except for newly added branches/sales points/display points/business units under the “ASEAN Initiative”
2. Equipment/Equipment-Procurement/rental of desktop and laptop equipment, software and other equipment for general applications (such as cameras, projectors, printers, retail systems, etc., including general equipment for new recruits of the project) fee
3. Marketing, promotion, and exhibition gifts, souvenirs or promotional prizes. Membership registration and annual fees of associations or professional organizations (including one-time or constant fees) Branches/product display fees for sales purposes (including physical stores) And online sales points) commission calculated based on sales performance/profit (such as the commission required by Taobao)
4. Patent and trademark registration-patent and trademark registration fees in Mainland China, ASEAN and outside Hong Kong.
5. Transportation-transportation costs to and from Mainland China/Hong Kong and ASEAN/Hong Kong, product freight and logistics costs (except for freight and logistics costs for exhibitions and other exhibitions and sales activities)
6. Others-Product production/production costs (except for sample production costs for marketing and promotional purposes)
Planning The Case
File Case To The Court
Various government funded projects
4 top recommended government funds
TVP Technology Voucher Program
The Technology Voucher Scheme launched by the Innovation and Technology Commission aims to enhance the technology application of Hong Kong SMEs, accelerate business development, increase corporate productivity, and reduce daily operating costs, thereby enhancing the overall competitiveness of Hong Kong SMEs
BUD Special Fund
In order to assist Hong Kong companies in marketing and brand promotion in Mainland China, the Hong Kong Productivity Council has set up an optimized version of the BUD Special Fund Mainland Program. The amount of funding has increased from HK$500,000 to 1 million in the previous policy address. Increased to two million yuan.
BUD Special Fund
Following the BUD Mainland plan, the Hong Kong Productivity Council established the BUD Special Fund ASEAN Plan, which aims to assist Hong Kong companies in marketing and brand promotion in the ten countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). The amount is also in line with the Mainland plan.
The "SME Marketing Fund" is organized by the Trade and Industry Department to target groups of SMEs. Through a plan to promote SMEs to participate in more activities related to the export industry, Hong Kong can eventually expand its overseas market.